Monday, October 7, 2019

My sexual being

In my 20’s, I had been told that a close friend lost his virginity before marriage. It didn’t shock me, bc it was his body/choice; and between himself and God. It was told to me, bc the family was shocked. They didn’t know how to deal with it. And humor is the way to handle it, obviously! 

I wasn’t shocked to hear the family say that they had always figured I would be the one to take his virginity, if anyone. 

It was a source of pride in self-restraint, and my respect for this friend & his choices. We had dated, in this past, and only kissed. Because I have soulful relationships before physical ones. 

On the flip side, I’ve had a male fried sleep next to me in bed, while dating someone, and threatened to cut off his parts if he touched me, and he respected my choices/body. 

In this life, we’re made to explain ourselves, even to those who should understand us the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment